Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
October 19, 2011
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes ( Makes 9-10 Cupcakes)
I absolutely love strawberries and lemonade! And i was looking for a really great recipe that include both of my two favourite things. I was thinking they probably won’t have strawberry and lemonade cupcakes! Then what you know.. They have the cupcakes i always wanted to try! Of course that day i found out i had to make those cupcakes! Everyone at my cupcake sale who tried these thought you couldn’t get strawberry and lemonade cupcakes! But the best about them is they have strawberries in the middle! Can’t get any better than that! So these are my personal favourite! These cupcakes are the bomb! They are truly amazing and tasty. I highly suggest you to try out the recipe!
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes:
Makes 9-10 cupcakes
2 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 egg yolks at room temperature
1tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup plus 1 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp Instant Pink Lemonade Mix ( I used Crystal Lite)
4 large strawberries, carefully diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.Line 10 muffin cups and set aside
- Cream butter , sugar and lemonade mix until fluffy. Add vanilla, baking soda, salt and egg yolks. Mix in buttermilk and gradually add flour.
- Clean berries and remove the stem. With a very sharp knife slice the berries and then dice them in 1/4 pieces careful to not crush the berries. If the berries are crushed and then added to the cupcakes, there will be too much moisture and your cupcake will not bake properly.
- Fill each baking cup with about tbs of batter. Then sprinkle in each cup 5-6 pieces of fresh strawberries. Then add m batter per cup. Fill each to about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes
Nicole’s Famous Strawberry Lemonade Buttercream frosting:
- 1/2 butter
- 4 cups sifted confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 shortening
- 2 tbp milk
- Fresh Strawberries ( as much as you like)
- 1 package of pink lemonade ( or as much as you like)
1:In large bowl, cream shortening and butter with electric mixer. Add vanilla. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Keep bowl covered with a damp cloth until ready to use.
2:Add strawberries slice in half and into little bite size pieces. Then add 1 package of the Pink Lemonade Crystal Lite ( or as much as you like.) Beat on Medium.