Chocolate W/Fudge (Makes 24 Cupcakes)
I was having a cupcake sale and decided to make a bunch of cupcakes. I was thinking of what kinds I’m going to make. Well my first idea was Chocolate, everyone loves chocolate! So i got a chocolate recipe and I’m like Chocolate is Chocolate.. Why not make Chocolate with Fudge! What i mean by Chocolate with Fudge is the cupcake is Chocolate and the middle is Fudge. How i did that was with an apple core! I will explain how in the recipe.
Chocolate with Fudge Cupcakes:
Makes 24 cupcakes:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk( or 1 tbsp white vinegar or lemon juice topped up to 1 cup with milk and allowed to stand at least 10 minutes)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot coffee ( or 2 tsp instant coffee dissolved in 1 cup boiling water)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a muffin pan with paper cups. Set aside
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer gently stir together the flour, sugar, sifted cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla extract and beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Stir in the hot coffee. The batter will seem watery. ( don’t worry )
- Pour the batter into your muffin cups 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter,softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup coca ( use 1 cup if you want a darker frosting)
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Small pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp milk
- In the bowl beat together the butter, cocoa powder, and salt until well combined.
- Then beat in icing sugar to taste until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in milk 1 tbsp at a time
- Spread onto your cupcakes
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Place chocolate chips, condensed milk, and butter or margarine in large microwaveable bowl. Zap in microwave on medium until chips are melted. About 3-5 minute, stirring once or twice during cooking. Stir in nuts, if desired.